Monday, December 20, 2021

Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more...!


This year has been a bit different than last year for sure. Because last year we were all 'stay at home' and some countries were in lockdown situation. This year at least we got a breather with vaccination doses and then the booster shot.

I hope you all have taken the right precaution for your and your loved one's health sake. Only we can bring that change by practicing it and that means everyone must take the vaccination as covid variants are getting tougher on us.

"Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

SO, this year it was all about meet and greet friends and family. I think this year after my two doses of vaccination I am partying all the way till now. It's wonderful time of the year but with proper care and precautions!

Yes just after Halloween, I got busy with Thanksgiving celebration with friends and in no time the plans for Sagittarius birthday celebrations and then Christmas.


It feels good when every day is a celebration day and its true. We often forget all our miseries when we see others happiness and be part of the celebration. 

I personally have so many reasons this year to be thankful and show my gratitude. 

I lived in Canada for almost ten years and being a big fan of ice hockey team #Mapleleafs from Toronto, I never had a chance to watch this game live, sitting in the stadium because of expensive tickets and those struggling days as an immigrant, I was only able to enjoy the game by watching it on television. This year I had the opportunity to watch the game live in SAP Center in San Jose California. 

When my daughter said can we go? She also knew the answer before even I responded to her. I cannot tell you my emotions and frankly speaking how can one even write about emotions? Those are different for every individual and so is for me. 

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West

As we were walking towards the stadium everyone was wearing Shark jersey and me and my daughter were in Maple leaf jersey and imagine how we must have walked from parking lot to the stadium which was full of Shark fans and few here and there Canadians who were supporting by wearing the jersey of their team.

I remember when we were just getting into the stadium one guy drove yelling F*** Maple Leafs and I only said in my mind, I hope we win this game and guess what ? After all that humiliation from guys sitting at the back who were talking loudly bad about Maple Leaf teams and how they will cry and go after losing to Shark, team actually won the game. That day Shark didn't play good.


I was cool, I think life has taught many things and one of them is not to get too excited even when things are going well for you and believe me I am not saying not to be happy if your team is winning but I am saying, don't degrade your opponents ever.

Its like that turtle who focussed on his pace and won the race against the bunny. 

"When someone disrespects you, beware the impulse to win their respect. For disrespect is not a valuation of your worth but a signal of their character." ~ Brendon Burchard

Life teaches us to be humble and calm in so many ways as while all this was happening around the world due to climatic conditions. So many families were suffering either losing someone or losing everything in flood, volcanic eruptions, and of course covid cases to be frank, is on the rise but we hardly get to see the true numbers these days.


It's small things that we see to embrace and be happy. Imagine last year we were not even able to shake hands with friends or families who are not living with you. And now we are not loosing any moment that gets us to be together to laugh and be merry.

"Keep the ones that heard you when you never said a word" 

These are all small blessings telling us be humble, be considerate, help others wherever and whenever you can. What I love about this season is that there are so many voluntary effort taking place either it is for the homeless people, or orphan people or cancer research and cure related charity programs - all this is to help those who are in need at such time when everyone is having their holiday times with family.

Life can be sometimes full of surprises and some of them can be wonderful too.

~ Dawn

Note: Now you can listen to the audio version of my blogs in Hindi on the UshaDawn Hindi Podcast on Google, Spotify and Apple Podcasts. Check it out and new episodes uploaded every day 3 AM Pacific Standard Time

No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...