Thursday, January 06, 2022

I may regret the way we ended, but I will never regret what we had!

This is my first post of this year. New Year twenty twenty two as much I thought is exciting and hopeful, it just went exactly opposite and it's only the first week of the New Year and I am terrified and sad because we had to put our dear and loving furry baby Reyna down yesterday (January fifth).


We rescued a five year old Cocker Spaniel female dog who comes from a puppy mill. As much we loved her, she also adopted us dearly. Slowly our life started revolving around her and we lived happily ever after until this New Year when she started having diarrhea and the Vets couldn't figure out what it was as all the blood reports came normal and x-rays didn't show anything concerning and in days she lost so much fluid from her body that we had to take her to emergency.

We tried our best to get her cured but in the ultrasound the Vets found gut disease which is incurable and hence surgeries would not help either and hence putting her down in sleep peacefully was a decision that probably I have taken in my life for the first time.


Yes, tough decisions sometimes bring the results immediately and may be good in the long run but probably has a bigger impact.

Life will go on but it will never be the same without Reyna the queen of our family.

"But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it." ~ Calla Quinn

I am hoping time will heal my family and we will rebound back.

Let's see what else is stored in twenty twenty two!!!

I hope the world becomes safer for everyone around.


~ Dawn

2 comments:

math tutor said...

Sorry to hear this Even though I have only seen Reyna on pictures somehow she found a place in my heart too..

Dawn said...

Thank you @math tutor. Reyna did have that personality to capture ones hear even virtually, it's just her persona was like that.

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...