Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Priorities over conveniences

Do you ever feel that twenty four hours is not enough? Yesterday was one of those days for me and I am sorry I couldn't blog yesterday.


Yesterday being Tuesday, I know my morning till noon are busy with meetings. And when these meetings are about the work items that need to be delivered by end of this month, I had to do more drilling with the team so that I know exactly how much work is remaining and if we are still going to make it or not.
I am also working with two different teams to prioritize the interdependencies and hence the time was too less to get everything done. On top of all this, I have to do my self-evaluation and you know how that goes because you have to remember all the work you did last year until now.

"Be ambitious. Get things done. Keep your priorities straight, your mind right and your head up." 😜

Health and family comes first for me always, so my five mile hike is something that I never miss and cooking healthy food in case I am able to make it to the kitchen before my husband gets in there 😊! Because if he gets in then I don't have to worry he will take care of the dinner.

But I had some other assignment work that came in and it has writing exercise and need to be submitted by next week.  Because it needs lot of research work, I wanted that frog to be eaten first so that I have a draft ready minimum so that I could work on it later.  I have a course which is two days per week and yesterday was the first day so I couldn't miss that one as I needed to complete the first exercise on the console and I didn't want to be behind from class.

"Like it or not, the world evolves, priorities change and so do you." ~ Marilu Henner

By the time I finished all that, it was almost midnight and I went to bed.

I consciously decided I will skip writing the post and yes, I did feel a little bad but yesterday was something I couldn't do all of them.


This morning, when I got up I decided I will write it down things to do and follow that sequence. I have noticed these days I get easily distracted and I was trying to make sure I stick to my 'to-do' list and not get carried away with social media and other news.

I am sure we all have those time-management and priority list and I used to be a mentor for the interns at work and other places helping on these topics. But I realize lately I am getting distracted a lot.

I realize making a daily to-do list puts me into discipline and hence that's my goal now on.

"Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters." ~ Margaret Peters

~ Dawn

Note: Now you can listen to the audio version of my blogs in Hindi on the UshaDawn Hindi Podcast on Google, Spotify and Apple Podcasts. Check it out and new episodes uploaded every day 3 AM Pacific Standard Time

No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...