Thursday, September 02, 2021

Age is just a number. It's totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine

 


Age, length of time of a person who has lived. Does Age matter? or when people say age is just a number what do they mean by that?

"We are always the same age, inside." ~ Gertrude Stein

Remembering my childhood, I loved my childhood and still love remembering it. Those beautiful days were so carefree though I always worried during exams as I wanted to make sure I get good grades and I keep progressing from one class to the other. As I started growing up from a child to a kid and from kid to a teenager, I think my worries were different though still it's about school. I was carefree doing what I liked, playing hockey on the field and not getting bothered by getting hit by the opponent or when riding motorbike on the street and falling on that tar road when some guy tried to push me - there was no expectation and there was that attitude of lets see what may come..! Living the life fully is the motto.

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life." ~ Omar Khayyam 

Hence, now as we age what do one feel? 

I always feel that age is just another number and what that means to me is I should do what I like to do and age should not define that. Age can make one wise based on the experiences and hence one should try out everything in life possibly but not restrict due to age.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter." ~ Mark Twain

Sometimes people do things in certain way only because they get conscious about their age and somewhere they have learned that when you're at certain age you don't party or enjoy life you have to be spiritual and seclude yourself, and I feel one can be spiritual at any age and still can enjoy life and do adventurous things whether its climbing Half Dome, or playing hockey on the field or racing motorcycle.

"Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind." ~ Jackie Joyner-Kersee 

At the end someone's biological age can differ from their chronological age so can you say age is nothing? Well, one's age is not just the number of years they have lived. It also includes the characteristics such as health, cognitive functions, and disability rate. Hence aging is multidimensional.

"Live your life fully without any stress and you will be able to achieve things that you would think only youngsters could do better." ~ Dawn

~ Dawn

No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...