Sunday, June 08, 2008

“Friends are angels sent down to earth to make good days and help us find our way.”

Friends I feel very happy to say today that finally my Hindi poetry book “Khawabon Ki Zameen” (Land of dreams), is ready and you can order this book by sending mail to me: fizadawn@gmail.com or to my Manager (my dear friend): sajubashir@gmail.com / sajubashir@yahoo.com

Check out @eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260249870441

This book will be costing only Rs. 85/- and shipping charges for people in India and for people outside of India will cost for $ 9.00 US.

As I have said this is my dream and publishing this book not only gives me an opportunity to give some thing back to the community but also fulfills my dream to help children.

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.” ~ Jonathan Swift

It was my childhood dream to sponsor a kid and each time I looked for an opportunity, either the kid stopped going to school or the money was used for some other purpose.

I think for any country’s future the children have the biggest responsibility as they are the future and this book gives me that opportunity to fulfill my wish by helping kids.

Yes 20% of the amount that I get from this book will be given to an Orphanage “International Child Welfare Service” in Chennai, India. They have many programs and one of them is called as “Dawn and Dusk Home, A Home for the HIV+ children”, - those kids who were born with it not because of their fault.

You can read about this at this website: http://www.dawnanddusk.org/

As always your support and prayers I need the most to fulfill my dream.
Please also tell your friends and family who can read Hindi to support and also people who would love to read Hindi- can also support this book :) and the kids.

“One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of car I drive,
What kind of house I lived in,
How much I had in my bank
Nor what my clothes looked like.

One hundred years from now
It will not matter
What kind of school I attended,
What kind of typewriter I used,
How large or small my church,
But the world may be
…a little better because…
I was important in the
Life of a child.” ~ ICWS

“Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future” ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

19 comments:

Rajeswari said...

Firstly,i appreciate you for such a constructive thought!Secondly,Congratulations on the publication of your book.Whoever reads this post...will be motivated/inspired by your thinking...Thanks for such a wonderful post!

Rajeswari said...

wish you Good luck in all your endeavour

Manish Kumar said...

Congrats !
Will it be available in book stores too?

krystyna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm so happy and proud of you!

I'll be back in the morning.

jyotsana said...

hi dawn this is wonderful... iwould surely like to read this book...and ur efforts r truly great. we r with u in ur endeavour.

jagadeesh said...

I'm sad that my literate part of Hindi is like the wide open space- wide, open, and void too!

But surely I'll do my share of reading for sure!! :-)

And congrats on such an endeavor of grandiose scale.

Best wishes!!

Keshi said...

WOW this is great CONGRATTZ Dawny!

u've done well, Im so proud of ya!

*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Unknown said...

Great job. Will tell you more after I read the book.

Unknown said...

congrats congrats....
have posted on my blog, will ask all my freinds to buy da book :))

Shiva said...

Wow!

Finally, it has arrived. Congratulations Dawn and I wish this new venture a great success.

More than everything, the contribution you are making to ICWS will stand for centuries to come and in hearts of many buds.

Feels great to have known you!

Anil P said...

Congratulations. I'm happy for you.

Nissidhi said...

Congratulations and Good Luck!! I am completely with you on the giving back part of your venture (ICWS).

krystyna said...

Hi Dawn,
I posted about your book here:
http://amazingabilities.blogspot.com/

Soon I'll be write on my other blogs.
Good luck and God bless your great job!

krystyna said...

My new post will be about your book.
Now I put your book here too:

http://evolvesmb.blogspot.com/

Have a successful, blessing time!

Jim said...

CONGRATS
May God Bless u

Harshan said...

Wonderful news and good luck with the book ...may be one day me and RK can tune the poetry to songs :-)

tulipspeaks said...

check ur email hun! :)


ammu.
Best Personal Blog
Most Popular Female Blogger

Vinod Rajagopal said...

is the book available in stores?
All the very best...

Dawn said...

scrawler: Thank you so much dear- your comments itself are true inspiration for me :)
Cheers

manish: Thanks Manish…I guess now you should be able to buy thru eBay…check out the site thru my post please.
Let me know your feedback ;)
Cheers

krystyna: Thanks dear just pray for me :)
Cheers n Hugz

jyotsana: Thanks so much dear and yes please check out the website for buying details…I will appreciate all your support my dear
Cheers

jagadeesh: Thanks dear and congrats to you too as your painting is loved by everyone :D
Cheers

keshi: Thanks so much my dear! Pray for me
Cheers n Hugz

sushil: Thanks dear, and yes do let me know the feedback :D
Cheers

satish: Thanks dear I really appreciate the support
Cheers

shiva: Thank you so much dear, your support is immense and leaves me speechless :). Thanks for being there
Cheers

anil p: Thank you dear
Cheers

nissidhi: Thanks dear and am glad your support my thought too :)
Cheers

krystyna: Thank you so much dear, your support and prayers will sure bring help to me and the cause.
Gob bless you
Cheers n Hugz

jim: Thanks Jim, I appreciate your blessings
Cheers

harshan: Thanks dear, yes I look forward to that :D
Cheers

tulipspeaks: Thanks dear :)
May God Bless You Ammu
Cheers

vinod: Welcome dear! The book is not yet there in stores as I am taking my baby steps …but you can check out from eBay …through my post you can get the link
Thanks for everything dear
Cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...