Friday, September 20, 2013

Alpha-Floral Carpet

I had a great opportunity to translate a Malayalam poem into English.

Though I am a believer that anything written in original language has it's own essence and often when we try to translate it to other languages it looses it's essence and depth.

Having said that, when someone asked me to do this, I took that as a honor and here it is... I hope I am able to justify 1% of it at least :) in awe of my readers !!!!



When words and alphabets started chasing me,
To write a Onam song ... 
I couldn't write...
But before they could get upset with me 
I arranged them one by one unfolding to a floral carpet...... 
And then they didnt bother me at all .... :)

~ Dawn

The malayalam version of it is below for the Malayalam Readers

ASHARAPOOKALAM
കുറേ അഷരങ്ങൾ ഒച്ചവെച്ചു കൊണ്ട് എന്റെ പിറകെ നടന്നു ഒരോണ പാട്ടെഴുതാൻ എനിക്ക് എഴുതാനേ പറ്റിയില്ല പക്ഷെ അവർ പിണങ്ങുന്നതിനു മുൻപ് എല്ലാവരേയും പെറുക്കി പെറുക്കി വെച്ച് ഒരു അത്തപ്പൂക്കളം ഉണ്ടാക്കി പിന്നെ അവർ മിണ്ടിയിട്ടേയില്ല
~ Thampy Antony Thekkek



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...