Wednesday, August 02, 2017

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart..

It's been 5 days in Delta, Utah Millard District School. When it began I thought I will be able to write each day about the experience but I realized it's tough.

Each day things change and we adapt it as best as we can. My team has the job to teach the teacher initiatives on Google Suite for education and we did came prepared before we took our flights to Utah.


After coming to Utah, two days we were learning and understanding the requirements which were sometimes different than what was assumed by us prior to our landing here at Utah.
We had some great teacher associates, principals who graciously supported us by giving ideas what may work best with these teachers.
There were some teachers who were totally unaware of technology and then there were some who had some idea but didn't had the confidence to use.

Much of the time would go in brainstorming and discussions and finally we will come to a solution which usually used to be at midnight or past that and then once the solution is out one need to work on getting things ready on slides.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." ~ Henry Ford


I literally had to count to check how many days are over because it seems like we have been here forever.
Everyone is tired yet they all are contributing because the goal is to uplift this District Schools with technology for the better future of the children of Millard School District.

Finally, our day came where we planned our training and set the stage. Somehow in my mind I was very confident about we as a team will have a great success and hence that gut feel kept me motivating my team as well.
I kicked off the training and brought others who gave a demo with an equal interaction session where teachers had an opportunity to play with the tool while the demo was shown.
In the afternoon we had grouped in four different countries and took each teacher on a tour.
The teachers loved it and the session was a big success. Teachers were ready to spend more time and some even said, "I am more hungry and want to learn more, some said, wow! I never knew life will become so easy, and some just hugged and said you made my life easy".


I think the team did a great job.  The best part was when the Millard School District people showered with compliments for the huge success, it was a great relief.
The people of Delta, Utah are so simple, loving and caring that they are ready to do anything for us, just because we are there to help the school teachers and children.
When we go to the restaurants, people out there treat us with love because they know we are in town from all around the world to help the Millard School District Schools and this shows how the entire town is focussed on one goal.

The days are hectic with  our schedules and nights goes in brainstorming, discussing and implementing those plans on slide for presentation. However, this brought everyone closer in the team. The Delta community was ready to help us to help the students and teachers, so was our own team. Everyone was ready to give a hand to the other and teamwork not only gave us a successful delivery but it also brought lot of fun and excitement for everyone.

"No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it." - H.E. Luccock

I don't remember when was day 5 as this post I am able to post after my 2 weeks trip to Utah and a week of vacation to Canada. 

There are so many things that I want to summarize whether it's about what we as a team served, or learned or even the emotional moments that touched each other's heart - sometimes words don't do justice at all.

I want to cherish and re-cherish those moments that I spent in Delta, Utah. I probably met the best people on earth and the best people with whom I worked. 

World is full of beautiful people and all we need to do is extend our arms and hug them, receive them and love them.

There is nothing bigger than Love and this I have always experienced in my life, in my journey whether it was when I was in India, or Canada or in USA - people are all same and understand the language of love. 
One warning, it is contagious so watch out to get more love and more hugs in return :)

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever."

~ Dawn

No comments:

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...