Friday, July 13, 2018

Alone you can do so little; together we can do so much ;)






 Thoughts have been going around in mind since the world cup season started but then I couldn’t find time to jot it down.
Besides engaging myself at work, these days giving time to read. Reading is like spending time to reflect and I am sure those who write would agree with me that it is important to reflect and read because that helps 😊.

Having said all of that, my main topic is about the game. Indeed, last time I was cheering for Brazil, Spain and then we all know what happened. But hey, that didn’t let me lose hope this year I cheered for Brazil and I wished for Argentina to make it to the finals and play opposite to Brazil, I did support Spain and with all that has happened I did support Croatia and was really happy to see they won the match against England. 



I have friends all over the world and the beauty about this so called ‘diversity’ is that you change jobs, you meet new people from different parts of the world and it’s an engaging experience. I have so many friends from England and felt sorry to see their reaction when they asked me ‘Why Croatia?’

Yes, it is hard to justify anyone when you are not from one of those countries who is participating in the world cup. I feel I am above all those barriers. To me its people and as I watch and read about these players my support and cheer goes to those and main reason to be with Croatia is because of the captain of the team Modric. I sincerely felt that match they should win because of their performance on the field.

“It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up” ~ Babe Ruth

Anyway, I was more here to share my thoughts in the form of poetry, when I thought of soccer and golf:


Happen to be a fan of soccer as a kid and played in the rain too
Eleven players on a rectangular field with spherical ball
Run and chase around without touching the ball with hands,
Only to put the ball in the oppositions goal to score a point,
You use your feet to strike or pass the ball around,
When you make a goal against the opposite team,
Depending who scored highest will win,
If they are equal, then it’s a draw and if not,
You get extra time to play or penalty shootout,
To make things even with your opponent,
Isn’t that something we all would like 😊,
When we are losing, or struggling an extra time can help,
Soccer the rough game we play by kicking and heading,
Running and chase to get the ball and put it in others post,
For all this one does some tricks, kick and play foul too,
Like a punishment a colorful card is given to you by referee,
What a fun game which originated as a kick ball.
The I saw this club and ball sport called Golf,
The players will use various clubs to hit the ball
Into series of holes on a Golf course in as few strokes,
This one needs usually has progressing 18 holes,
For some recreational ones have 9 holes,
Each hole on the course must have a tee box,
And putting green with actual hole or cup,
Each hole on a course is unique in specific layout,
Golf is played with lowest strokes called stroke play,
Or lowest in the entire round called match play,
Some say it originated from Romans paganica and
Some say it originated from China chuiwan or is it the
Cambuca or chaugan or kolven, wherever it originated,
The rule is to play with all fairness,
I often looked the two balls and wondered…
How two balls make the world go crazy around
Some with teeing ground and some with rectangular field
One is individual and the other is the team sport
All I know soccer is fun even if you kick one another!!!


 That reminds me the weekend is busy with finals I am excited, are you?

“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships” ~ Michael Jordan

~ Dawn

No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...