Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Legend will be living forever in our hearts


Today is a very sad day indeed! The first news that I read was about Diego Maradona died at the age of 60. One of the two joint winners of the FIFA player of the 20th century awardee, who played 585 matches, 9 club trophies and 311 goals scored, has become a star in the sky forever.

"To see the ball, to run after it, makes me the happiest man in the world" ~ Diego Maradona

I am a die-hard fan of him since childhood. Being a hockey player I always admired his dribbling and ball control skills which I often tried with my hockey sticks as well.

Coming from a country then in India Football was popular too as Cricket is. It used to be like a season one after the other sports and watching international matches on Television was so much fun.



Television was not something everyone could afford or have and hence it used to be a match that we friends and family watch on Television just like one is watching from the stadium and the cheering and supporting teams excitement and thrill always added a galore to the whole event.

"When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success" ~ Diego Maradona 

Small wins and those thrill dances when Maradona used to kick into the court for goal - I can only imagine those memories in mind. Some beautiful memories that Maradona has given to generations and to the football lovers. 

I was so much connected to him which I never realized until now when the news is still sinking that he is no more !!!!

Even now when FIFA world cup matches were happening I used to look for a glimpse of him in the audience and often felt bad to see his health conditions.

I was hoping everything will be alright after his discharge but I guess 2020 had to play its own game and like he said once, 'Certainly, one day we'll kick a ball together in the sky above!!'

Diego, we will miss you in person on the grounds and in stadium but you will always be in our heart living as a legend.


As Thanksgiving holidays start at this side of the world, I would like to Thank You Diego for giving us wonderful memories to cherish life long. Whenever and wherever the name of football will come, your name will shine first Maradona!

"My mother things I am the best. And I was raised to always believe what my mother tells me." ~ Diego Maradona


~ Dawn


No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...