Friday, March 30, 2007

“A book has but one vioce, but it does not instruct everyone alike.”

How to pass time? There are so many good things to do in life… isn’t it? Look at the pot in which last summer I bought a plant which had a yellow flower with two little buds and later by winter I see they are not only dead but the pot was all dried up and even the sand was dried as if nothing to offer to give a life to the plant. These flowers with the vase was a gift from my friend :D

“Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint, and the soil and sky as canvas” ~ Elizabeth Murray

And guess what, this morning when I see the pot which was empty all these days has few green leaves :D…past couple of weeks rains have given this life…I loved the life growing in my arms as the days pass it gives new innovative ways to smile!!

“How beautiful is youth! how bright it gleams with its illusions, aspirations, dreams! Book of Beginnings, Story without End, Each maid a heroine, and each man a friend!” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Well, besides cherishing bringing the new life into this world, I had the opportunity to watch Blood Diamond and let me tell you I sincerely feel that Leo should have got the Oscar…as his work is indeed marvelous in this!!! Besides the actor, the movie is well taken and I will say if you have not seen then please do so!!! Africa is beautiful :D

“The role of the artist I now understood as that of revealing through the world-surfaces the implicit forms of the soul, and the great agent to assist the artist was the myth.” ~ Joseph Campbell

And guess what, last time I had added a post about Paulo Cohelo’s “The Zahir” which one of my fan friend suggested to read and since then I was trying to find but was unable to get one!

“I want to give the audience a hint of a scene. No more than that. Give them too much and they won't contribute anything themselves. Give them just a suggestion and you get them working with you. That's what gives the theater meaning: when it becomes a social act.” ~ Orson Welles

However, I got this book as a birthday gift ;) and was only able to finish reading it now! My friend had told me to read this as he finds the story is that of a similar girl like me …. lol :D

It’s a good book which speaks about life and our expectations and the illusions that usually we humans go through.

“You cannot open a book without learning something.” ~ Confucius

On to another book "The Nudist On The Late Shift" by PO Bronson; courtesy my friend Bombayite ;) Thanks Sethu mone!!!

This quote is dedicated to all my three friends above I mentioned ;) and to the ones whom I have found here :D

“To have a good friend is one of the highest delights in life; to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings.”

17 comments:

Priya said...

Dawn:

Check this out:

http://www.librarything.com/work/217507

I liked this-
You cannot open a book without learning something.” ~ Confucius

Tell me about passtime girl. Its more of learning here and ther and then withdraw. I was very much into embroidery and little bit of creative pencil sketch work just for myself. Lets see you know:)
Have a good weekend girl...

Priya said...

Do check this one too.
http://www.librarything.com/author/coelhopaulo&norefer=1

Not sure if this helps.

Deepak Gopi said...

I totally agree with you regarding blood Diamond and confuscious

Unknown said...

fizakutty,
ur welcome :))
I hope u like n finish da other books too :))

Shiva said...

Greate choices for th pastime. Tried a little bit of evrything, and only the books and movies lasts longer. Now a days, gardening has become a luxury!!

Zahir is an amzing book. Try, "
By The River Piedra I Sat Down And Wept" by Paulo again.

As usual, quotes are good

Kuan Gung said...

Very Nice!

Neihal said...

Lovely post :)
Zahir was an interesting book. But I could never relate to the characters, guess I am less adventurous than those mentioned in the book :D

Cyberkitty said...

Nice flowers, I love gardening. I like that statue of girl with cat too !

മര്‍ത്ത്യന്‍ said...

Should see in pursuit of happyness also :)

Keshi said...

Dawny this whole life is an illusion and we add to it by expecting too much from it.

Keshi.

Michelle said...

blood diamond was an awesome movie!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn!
I was touched reading your great post. Your words bring memory about pass time. First pic is so beautiful with its simplicity.
There are so many good things to do in life...yea!

Anonymous said...

Second pic is gorgeous!
“How beautiful is youth! how bright it gleams with its illusions, aspirations, dreams! Book of Beginnings, Story without End, Each maid a heroine, and each man a friend!” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
I love this quote.
Wishing you great day!

krystyna said...

How can you find such glorious sculpture!

You are the best friend, Dawn!

Sujit said...

blood diamond is a nice movie!.. good acting by everyone..! very truly coated.. being a good firend is the most difficult part!

Dawn said...

priya: Yes dear, I used to do the same…as painting being one of my hobby n stitching gal believe me am so good at it but at school the teachers forced us so much that the interest itself is evaporated :D
But I totally agree there are so many things we really look at it…a good way to be out of trouble isn’t it ? :D
And yes thanks for the link…am sure he is really a great writer. I have read his Alchemist 4 times and still I enjoy …I have read his Eleven minutes as well.
Good one missy :)
Cheers

deepak gopi: Good to hear that dear thanks
Cheers

satish: am not sure if time permits for all da books :D
Thanks dear
Cheers

shiva: Thanks dear and am glad u suggested one :D I always love that as its like you dropping wisdom :D I will read this one too ;)
Cheers dear

kuan gung: welcome dear after long time…thanks
Cheers

neihal: hmm I cant comment on that one dear :D…did u try his Alchemist? May be you like this one :D
Cheers

cyberkitty: Thanks so much dear
Cheers

marthyan: Actually I did :D…and liked it too! BTW thanks for visiting me
Cheers

keshi: yes sis…I agree with you
Cheers

michelle: Yes indeed :D
Cheers

krystyna: wow great compliments out there :D am honored dear! Thanks so much and thanks for boosting my spirit :D…if u were here I would have given a big huggggggggggz :) love u dear!
Have a great week
Cheers

sujit: Yes dear! Thanks
Cheers

rachana said...

I liked it a lot-
//“To have a good friend is one of the highest delights in life; to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings.”//

and yes! there are so many good and simple things in life to enjoy!

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...