Saturday, May 24, 2008

“Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.”

This weekend had nothing much to do besides, the trailer of ‘Bhoothnath’- Hindi movie was kind of tempting may be because of Amitabh Bacchan!

So I had a chance to watch this movie and guess what through out it kept me engaged.
Usually, Children’s movie don’t do that well in Bollywood however recently there were good ones like ‘Taare Zameen Per’ and I can say this one adds too.
But as I was watching the movie and things were heading into positive direction, I was wondering more about how this will end :D….kind of thinking ahead due to that inquisitive mind …lol

Well, I think there is another English movie and I was wondering if its heading that way but as always Indian movies have some moral lesson to give and it did …!

Kind of emotional at the end of the movie but besides that I liked Mr. Bacchan pretty cool with his acting and singing too! No wonder the songs I loved them because it was written by none other than my favorite Javed Akhtar :D

I enjoyed this movie as I see that kid inside me was thrilled to see all the magic stuff happening with the kid in the movie. We all had this fiction in mind some or the other stage where we wanted a secret friend who would be like a angel who could fulfill all our wishes comes true ;)

But in this even though angel is a friend, there are some basic ethics of life that he teaches to the kid. Over all a worth watching kids movie…!
“Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.” ~ Walt Disney
Another one I saw “Great Debaters” – Denzel Washington, its based on a true story and believe me friends….as you see this movie it literally takes you through the time when colored people were lynched and treated badly.

Some of the debates that came out were literally giving me goose bumps and it actually gives a wakening call to your inside human.

I felt sad after watching the movie not that the end was sad…as the end was awesome…! Through debates Black people were able to get their rights. They proved they are not less than any other people and they have the equal right to live in Unites States of America.

Everything achieved through peace and guess what, they were using MK Gandhi as the ideal, his tactical ways and the ‘Jallianwala Bagh Massacre' that took place in Amritsar-India in 1919. I enjoyed all those debate sessions as they used to get real intense and I loved every bit of it….as it reminded some of my school days with radical topics that used to get into people while they are on the stage :)

I sometimes feel we are so lucky to have some of the advantages which we owe to many others who didn’t even survive to taste it.

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.”

11 comments:

Manish Kumar said...

bahut dinon se koyi movie nahin dekhi. jabke ghar par bhootnath bete aur maid ne dekh lee aur unhone kaphi enjoy bhi kiya.

MARIA said...

Thank you very much dear Dawn for your visit and sweet vishes with Mother's Day.
I wish you good healt and happiness.
God bless you!

Dawn said...

manish: Hmm ab dekh bhi lo to samajh aajayega ke hum ka kehat rahe hein ;)
Take care
Cheers

maria: Thank you dear for coming here and making my blog so special :)
May God Bless You
Cheers

jyotsana said...

hi dawn
u will make me watch bhootnath.i enjoy reading your posts.

Keshi said...

So true! LOVE is the only real thing that lasts forever.

Keshi.

krystyna said...

Thank you so much, Dawn,
you always feed my soul with wise food.

“If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.”
So beautiful!

krystyna said...

Today is June,
and your book will be very soon.

Good luck and many blessings to you!

Sujit said...

haven't seen boothnath.. but great debaters is too good..! amazing movie.. :)

Sayani said...

you are right and i agree you ....its also true we all love to wath happy endings
if the case is otherwise then "picture abhi baki hain "

thats a lovely post

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

dear dawn
you are one of the inspirational bloggers and i would like to share something with you..do pass by my blog !

Shiva said...

The Great Debators was amazing. It's a master piece and another feather in Denzel's hat.

It was very toughtful of the film crew to have remembered Gandhi

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...