Monday, September 01, 2008

“Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...”

Recently, I heard people wondering where I get the time to write blog.
I am sure all my blog friends will never ask this and will understand how one does this.

I have understood one thing if one is passionate about something they will make sure they do that – but that doesn’t mean you forget all your other responsibilities.

I want to tell my friends who ask this question – I am passionate about writing but that doesn’t mean I don’t do any work at home or shy away from my responsibilities.

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.” ~ Angela Monet
I remember those days when I used to write posts everyday in blog then things started getting busy, responsibilities increased and my daily writing hobby turned to weeks and months.

You can never achieve anything in life by focusing on only one thing and even if you do so that doesn’t show one’s greatness as completeness is always in doing everything without fail.

“Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.” ~ Hebbel

Do you think if a mother gives birth to a child and then doesn’t take care does that show that mother is a complete mother?
I hear everyone says a mother is great because she carries a child in her womb for 9 months and goes through the pain to deliver.

But I believe every mother (human or animal) they if conceived will always goes through the pain to deliver. But then after delivering the kid how a mother takes care of the child is the true motherhood.

“The mother loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him with comfort and anticipates his wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his best.” ~ Hamilton Wright

So friends, when I have some turbulence in my heart and mind I make sure that I put it on paper and if that needs a sacrifice then I will make sure that I do it.

Many times, I have written blog when I am at lunch eating with right hand and typing with left! Many times I write after work sitting in the office and so many other moments.
As many times the surrounding people can be encouraging to the writers but can be also creating hindrance by not allowing.

I believe in expressing as that’s my birth right.

“Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.”

13 comments:

Priya said...

Dawn,

I think I shud copy your post in mine as I don't update too these days.

Ther is no compulsion to write even if it takes months. Thaz what I see.

You have a good day girl and relax:)

Shiva said...

A good message to all those who think we do nothing but blogging :)

The quote from Angela Monet was apt.

You should teach me how to type with just one hand :)

Excelled flow of thoughts..

Keshi said...

So beautifully put Dawny!


I know that I was born to express and I know I'd die expressing :)


*HUGZ* keep rocking with ur great writing, speaking and reading!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw come n collect ur award!

Keshi.

Tanvi said...

Just when I was wondering how people get time to post regularly, I came across this post of yours.
Thanks and Keep Rocking!

starry said...

nobody should have to explain why and how they get time to write.as you said writing is a passion and if you love it enough you will find time to write and thats only if you want to.sometimes one does not feel like writing.and that is ok.I took a break for six months.I love your posts and the quotes as well. Love this one"“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.” That is so true.

Keshi said...

wow u hv so many awards...cos ur very SPECIAL Dawny HUGS! :) Keep up the good work!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Dawn!!

loved the post as always! As for me the time is no concern but i have to answer that 'isase kya milata hai! " :)

starry said...

You have an award waiting for you on my blog, come and recieve it.

krystyna said...

So true,
and you write with passion. I love to read your smart, interesting posts. Always!
Keep up your passion.

Dawn said...

priya: Thanks dear and I know my blog friends understand it better than anyone else :)
Cheers

shiva: Thanks dear! It's practice that one makes it perfect ;) I am used to do things while I am eating my food :D...
have got scoldings from mom but some habits just don't go away :D... lol!
Cheers & Hugz

keshi: Yes dear you and me are like that - shameless ...lol
Thanks for the award and your good wishes my dear
Cheers & Hugz

tanvi: Well, that's called as coincidence haha! am glad you came by - thanks for visiting!
Cheers

starry nights: I appreciate you thought dear! I wish everyone thinks that way!
And yes, thanks for the awards my dear - thank you!!!
Cheers

rachana: Thanks my dear - I can understand your dilema - as so far I never ever thought of this. But people think you are so crazy about writing that you just dont do anything but write. Such weird thinking people!!!
You should say 'you are crazy' c-r-a-z-z-z-z-z-y hahahaha lol!
Take care my dear your words are always inspiring
Cheers & Hugz

krystyna: Thanks dear, that's a big time encouragement for me :)
May god bless you always
Cheers

The Poet said...

Dear Dawn,
I agreed with all that you said. A mother is also the most important person after the Almighty. You are very talented. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Dawn said...

Thank you Andy for visiting my blog and going through the post :). I have moved my blog from here to www.fizadawn.com
Hope to see you there too :)
Thank you for your blessings :)
Cheers,
Dawn

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...