Monday, March 07, 2011

Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things...




It was a weekend evening when we got invited by our friends for a Christmas eve get together.
Meeting with friends on weekends is always a bonus as you not only get to meet friends but also get to eat good food!
We reached our friends place and one by one each family started joining the party.
Along with the food, wine and other drinks were also served. I was introduced to one of the friend who was visiting US on a project.
My friend said, meet Shanti she is my schoolmate and she is here on a project. Me and Shanti we had never met before and after we were introduced we just started our conversation and it was a never ending one. From one topic to the other it went on and the best part was that we both got so connected that I was not able to talk to other friends with whom I usually mingle with.
That night when we were parting we exchanged our emails and phone numbers. We were in touch as long she was here and one day she said that she is going back to India as her task is finished here.



She moved to Bangalore and after couple of emails there were no communication. Once in a blue moon she will wake up and send me a mail asking how are things and whenever I am sending greetings to my friends on different occasions she is also included in the emails and so we still connect once in a while.
We are not in touch and we don’t email each other very often however whenever we connect it’s the same feeling and depth of knowing each other so well – now that’s what I call friendship, that’s what is called connection and in real sense that is the true friend who doesn’t interpret my actions as not interested but rather she understands we all are busy in our life in many different ways and hence we care for each other and it remains inside our heart.
Recently I get to hear that she is getting married and I cannot express my happiness as how happy I am to hear this.

May this day you share
be filled with love and laughter
May all the days ahead
be happy ever after!

I dedicate this post for a friend who is getting married to start a new life. I would like to give all my best wishes and prayers to this friend for joining this part of life which includes the path of change yet the path of happiness and togetherness.

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." ~ Elisabeth Foley


No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...