Thursday, February 14, 2008

When love is not madness, it is not love

Valentine’s Day – I was wondering how it was initiated and as the time went ahead how this event became a festival :)

“Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another's personhood.”

Yesterday I was shopping in the evening and I saw this guy who was with his maintenance jacket on top which showed he was working somewhere and just stepped in to the shop and bought hyacinths with a small heart inserted in the pot and yes a tag with ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’.

He paid for these flowers and while doing so he asked the helper guy in the shop did you see a girl with short hair just walking out of the store? She just bought lemonade and the helper guy ran outside to look for and by then this guy took the flower and he forgot the card on the cashier’s table. Suddenly, the cashier said- Sir, you forgot the card that you bought and he said oh!!! Yeah! He was much engrossed in finding his valentine… ! He took the card from the Cahier’s hand and went out. His eyes were searching for her all the way. The boy who went in search of the girl came back and told to the cashier I don’t think so I have seen her…!

“Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.” ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I finished paying to the cashier and got into my car and I started my car and lit the headlights on and what I see is…the guy was on his knee on the road in front of my car proposing the short hair girl who was holding lemonade still in her hand :) .

The moment was so special that unknowingly I smiled and the guy looked at me and winked and all I could do was – ‘ThumbsUp’, as if carrying on I will only go when she accepts it.

“Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” ~Albert Einstein
The girl was blushing and all red and when she saw me still waiting she ran into the guy’s arms and all I could do was wish good luck and say good bye!!!

Whole night I was thinking ….how sweet and innocent was that love and gesture. No wonder when one falls in love they do crazy things ;)

I think if we are human we should do crazy things no matter what time and day is that.

“Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. “ ~Author Unknown

We choose a day to wish everyone Valentine’s day and I wish that we could make this everyday …how beautiful it would be that people will be giving roses to their valentine and if anyone is angry they can give any such rose that will express their anger :) yet this world would be a better place to live – a place with full of love and fragrance
“Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.” ~M*A*S*H, Hawkeye

13 comments:

Keshi said...

Happy V-day sweetie HUGGGGGZ!

aww that proposal was sweeeeet..mushy to the core. LOL!

Keshi.

Cyberkitty said...

What a lovely story. If only someone would do something like that for me.

Happy Valentines Day!

Priya said...

Such a cute post Dawn. Hope you had a good day too.

Manish Kumar said...

Nice to read abt this incident. Spreading love in any form is welcome. Cheers to St. Valentine.

Sunil said...

Happy Valentines day Dawn. :)
If it's not madness it's not love. Very true indeed.

Have a nice time.

krystyna said...

Hi Dawn!
Beautiful post about Love!!!
I wish you too -
Everyday full of love and happiness!
Very beautiful pics!

Hugsss and love!

Art said...

Nice post. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Movie Mazaa said...

Quite an apt post to coincide with V Day!!

Belated wishes, my dear pal!
:)

rauf said...

i am a gorilla in the forest, Sehr, i look like a gorilla too, very hairy and dreadful, but my life has been full of love and affection, sometimes overflowing which is painful.
Love brings out the best in us.
Smiling ear to ear reading your post Sehr, that is what your post has done to me.

Anonymous said...

lovely reading this post....you have adorned it with beautiful words...such romantic....I agree with your thoughts....True love is pure madness & ecstatic!

Nicole said...

I love this post, thanks for sharing!!

Dawn said...

keshi: thanks dear….yes I felt the same as how many of them really do mostly I have seen this in movies :). Thanks dear and wish you the same hugz
Cheers

cyberkitty: Aww…I wish someone does that to you and you post that story one day :) Happy Valentines to you too dear
Cheers

priya: Thanks dear and I hope you had a good valentine’s day too
Cheers

manish: Yes you said it right thanks to St Valentine :)
Cheers

sunil parashar: Thanks dear and same to you too :)
Cheers

krystyna: Thank you dear
God bless you and hope you had a great time
Cheers

art: Thanks dear, hope the same …!
Cheers

mm: Thank you dear and same to you too
Cheers

rauf: Dear your comment is really sweet, I feel it very genuine when you said so about my post :) thanks a million dear. I want that to be infectious about the smile that you mentioned ;)
Cheers

flyingstars: Thanks a lot dear you just inspired me to keep on going :)
Cheers dear

the wallflower: Thanks for coming here and spending time. Thanks for your
Beautiful comments too :) please do come again
Cheers

Shiva said...

Great observation and awesome delivery. As I type this, mind drifts through those good old days when there was a readiness to do anything for love. Love is madness and can't be otherwise. The mind disappears and love takes control of you. It's a feeling when you feel you have felt a feeling you have never felt before. Hat's off to those lovers.

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...