Friday, February 22, 2008

"If you want peace, work for justice"

The day was busy since morning. Lot to read and check mails and then meet couple of people of which one of the lunch appointment I had to cancel, just coz I felt like going home and have lunch with parents :)

“The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” ~Thomas Jefferson
Happen to watch the movie ‘American Gangster’, boy I didn’t know that these two amazing Academy Award Winners Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe both are going to be in it. It was tough for me in the beginning whom to support and I had a slight fear that I might be bias but hey …this is what we say about the best ….you can clearly make out about their talent. You cannot do injustice as their performance will not allow you to do so :)

“Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~ Blaise Pascal
Amazing movie about a true story of Harlem in 70’s, seems like it was the worst period in history with poverty, drugs etc. In the movie I enjoyed very much the end part where Russell is trying hard to find all the evidence against our man Denzel and at the end both walk away together … ;)
Now what happens in between is something worth watching so if you can tolerate a bit of
Abusive language and crime sequences then I guess its worth watching. C’mon now who doesn’t want to see these two hot guys on screen together ;)

“Justice has nothing to do with what goes on in a courtroom; Justice is what comes out of a courtroom” ~ Clarence Darrow

As usual I learnt a lot from the bad guy and the good guy too :)! And as they say at the end it’s the truth that wins, it’s the good that rules over evil.

“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” ~ Galileo Galilei

9 comments:

Priya said...

It must be worth watching with two great people ther.

Art said...

I haven't see American Gangster yet but I plan to.

Keshi said...

ty for this Dawny, gotta catch em then!

drop over at my blog ok. :)

Keshi.

Keshi said...

btw come to my blog to check out my famousness ;-)

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Dawn!...yes..she is with me....
Rachana

How do we know said...

hmm.. u do tempt me enough to want to watch now.

Dawn said...

priya: Yes indeed…try sometimes and lets hear from you ;)
Cheers dear

art: Thanks dear
Cheers

keshi: Thank you dear for everything
Hugggz to you my dear
Cheers

rachana: I am happy to see you here dear :)
Cheers

how do we know: am glad I could do so :D
Thanks dear and cheers

Shiva said...

Yes Dawn. What a performance. Can't be less when you Denzel and Russle Crowe are there. Enjoyed very bit of it.

Did you watch The greate debators? Directed by Denzel. Excellent one. Watch soon.

Dawn said...

shiva: Hey dear that’s in my list actually ;) ….let me get out of this busy schedule and I am on it :D
Thanks for reminding me
Cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...