Thursday, July 17, 2008

“I think in art, but especially in films, people are trying to confirm their own existences.”

As I said in my last post…things are settling slowly, got my laptop though had couple of issues but can’t complain :)!

I have been watching lot of movies these days and guess what – one thing I have realized having your office near your home is not a good thing: D!

I am sure lot of them would be surprised to read this, but believe me the closer your work place is to your home the more lazy one gets, as you know it will only take few minutes :D!

Hence my late nights are still up ;) these days!
I happened to watch many movies – Hindi and English of which I may not write about all but yes few which I am sure my friends would enjoy will be mentioned here :)

I saw this movie ‘Mississippi Burning’ - Two FBI agents with wildly different styles arrive in Mississippi to investigate the disappearance of some civil rights activists.

Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe have done a great job I must say and besides the whole crime drama made me hate those times as what was happening in 60’s.
I am sure any one will as one see the injustice and the torture that one had to go through.

Over all Alan Parker the director of this movie has done a tremendous job and one can see all the awards that this movie has got.

“Abhorrence of apartheid is a moral attitude, not a policy.” ~ Edward Heath

This movie made me quite emotional about the whole thing.
Then I saw my friend Aamir’s movie I mean to say another produced movie for his nephew Imran Khan – JT Ya JN for short form ;).
It is actually typical Hindi movie – nothing new story or so but presented in a different way and I am sure everyone will enjoy! Well, the success of the movie itself tells that :D
I liked the acting of Imran Khan – though a lot his style resembled his uncle Aamir, may be coz I know him so well … lol!

“Life's like a play; it's not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters” ~ Seneca

I loved AR Rehman’s music and I loved the song ‘Kabhi kabhi yoon bhi Aditi’….
Over all good entertaining movie with good star casting such as Ratna Pathak-Shah and Naseerudin Shah, Jayant Kriplani and Anuradha Patel and Paresh Rawal which was a surprise to me !!!

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”~ Sergei Rachmaninov

But this movie ‘Vintage Point’ was something breathe taking. I mean you will have to hold on to your breath each time they show the story from 8 different angles! It was interesting with the star casts are amazing, why say more just watch it and you will love it ;)
Hope you guys enjoy too!
Happy Friday Friends

“Happiness is a wine of the rarest vintage, and seems insipid to a vulgar taste.” ~ Logan Pearsall Smith

11 comments:

Keshi said...

I went to see AR Rahman's LIVE Syd concert 2yrs ago. He was terrific!

Keshi.

Solitaire said...

Wait...you know Aamir Khan???????????
Do you know that he is the love of my life?
Tell meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ajnabi said...

Hey Dawn - how are you doing..?

Vantage point is a must seen movie. I too like that movie.

Havn't seen Jane tu yet.. but not all songs are good (AR Rahman like) except the one you mentioned.

If you've not seen yet, watch "In the land of women". You gonna like it.

Sayani said...

the movies are awesome ...vintage point toh rocks!!!!
i loved janey tu janney na...(it reminds lot of things ;P)

Jeevan said...

Glad you enjoyed the movies, esp. your friend’s one.
Genelia is so pretty in the still and AR is always great.
Happy weekend to you :)

Shiva said...

What will happend in case of work from home?

Missisipi buring is real good one. I enjoyed it too. Vantage point cd is lying here for a while. I should watch it at once.

Hope you have a good start "( restart) at cisco.

Cheers

krystyna said...

Hi Dawn,
in my school time I was not happy that my school was near my home. Friends walked and talked, played, but I was home in 3 mins.
Thank you for that great recommendation.

Have a wonderful, blessing weekend!

Dawn said...

keshi: Yes he is indeed dear!
I haven’t got that opportunity yet ;)
Thanks for sharing my dear
Hugz n Cheers

solitaire: Yes dear :) and as far I know its not only you but many of them say the same ;)! But his one of is Kiran ;)
Cheers dear

ajnabi: Thanks, its been long time since you have come here! Hope you are doing fine!
Yes, I have added that to my list to watch ;)
Thanks n Cheers

sayani: Thanks dear! Great to hear the review from you too
Cheers dear

jeevan: Thanks dear and have a great one you too
Cheers

shiva: Well, you don’t know dear…WFH is like you are always working without lunch or b’fast and still you feel you didn’t work hahaha! I usually like to go to office and work unless something comes up for which I need to wfh :)
Yes, its been two weeks now and the work load is loading up already ;) the pressure is on!
How are things at your end?
Take care dear
Cheers

krystyna: I can imagine when you say about your school near your home! I always had to walk to my school and I always enjoyed that moment especially during rainy season :) when I used to splash through water
I hope you too have a great blessing weekend my dear
Cheers

Jim said...

I want to see Burning Cross
I love Americans

they dont hide their sins

Priya said...

Its all in the mind dawn. Some like to be close to home coz u avoid traffic and many thing to do when u have free time in b'een.

Dawn said...

jim: Thanks Jim for coming by here and commenting - long time :)
Take care
Cheers

priya: I agree with you dear...it's all in the mind :)
Thanks dear
Cheers

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...