Tuesday, July 08, 2008

“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”

Lately, I have been in transition mode with job. Coming back to Cisco is like bringing back my initial times of US, when I was a bit sad for leaving Canada and that’s when I found friends at work…!
Now I am back there and searching for those friends :), I know they are there it’s just that I am not able to connect without my laptop! Yes, you take a week or more to get a laptop in Cisco ;) ~ like they say ~ in big company’s things take a bit time!!

“Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology” ~ John Tudor

So, what am I doing in Cisco without laptop (as mostly one seems to not working at all without the laptop ;) ), I am reading stack of documents, making my days long and sleepy!
Hey exciting news which really is exciting for me... Loll! I got a call in the morning saying – one of my Hindi poem has been selected by a kido (shweet one of 6-7 yr old), we call her ‘Zhansi Ki Rani’ (I guess the world’s first woman who fought in the battle in India to save her Zhansi!!!).
This Kido - Niharika decided to recite one of my poems in school for her poem reciting competition…I am so thrilled to hear this, all I could wish was ‘Good Luck’.

I don’t know what the result would be but I feel very honored when a child selected my poetry to recite of all others :)

“Mine honor is my life; both grow in one; Take honor from me and my life is done.” ~ William Shakespeare

My day started with excitement and I still feel the breeze of it ;), even though without laptop this technology has made me feel like handicap!!

“Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road.” ~ Stewart Brand

7 comments:

Keshi said...

cool Dawny and the title is a Gem!

Keshi.

Friendly Stranger said...

Kewl!
Kids are the best judges.......
We are so much addicted to technology that our lives seem to be imposible without it....
Did you check out http://news.linq.in ? I'm eagerly waiting for your review.
Happy blogging!

Shiva said...

Congratulations!

Looks like cisco is a great place to work.

Is Padmashree Warrior wrting a blog in cisco too? She has one while she was with Motorola.

Anyways, have a great time.

mirage said...

hey,ur caption is great& very true too.:))


mirage

krystyna said...

“Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.”- very true.

I told you that I am proud of you?
Kido is proud od you too.

God bless you and your job and art!

Dawn said...

nissidhi: Thanks my dear!
Hugz n Cheers

friendly stranger: Thanks dear! Yes I did and commented too :)
Cheers dear

shiva: Thanks dear! It is a great place to work indeed!
Who is Padmashree???? And you think anyone must be getting time in Cisco to do anything else other than work ????
In Cisco you are working round the clock my dear!!!!
Have a great time
Cheers

mirage: Thanks dear!
Cheers

krystyna: Thank you my dear! You always are great in giving the right boost at the right time :)
Love you dear! And may god bless you
Cheers

Dawn said...

I have to apologize here for making a mistake of not writing Keshi's name and I wrote Nissidhi - it's a mere accident and not intentionally done - I hope my friends will understand this.

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...