Thursday, May 03, 2018

"We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect"

It was for the first time I did participate in the poetry month celebration where each day I was writing a poetry in Hindi and English.
Writing for me is something that comes from heart. I will not have anything written for days and weeks and that’s okay because mind has to process sometimes and it’s a dilemma what to process and extract out of it and what not to.
But putting oneself through challenge is also a fun, an art and it helps to see yourself how you perform.

“You must stay drunk on writing, so reality cannot destroy you.” ~ Ray Bradbury

I did poetry every day and that too in two different languages and made sure that before midnight I fulfill that deadline. However, I would like to confess that as the time nears to the end of the month you really get shortage on topics and the challenging aspect of that to me is that I am not able to write if it’s not from my heart. Hence, situations like that did allow me to do some soul searching within.

It’s a good practice and while I was in the middle of April poetry month I told myself probably I will continue this even next month and this is how it should continue. But by the time it was April 30th I felt I need to take a break 😊.

“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” ~ Frank Herbert

Hence, I thought of writing my experience of this writing poetry every day during poetry month. What surprising to me was that even though I was writing poetry in two different language my topic was different which makes me wonder why?

When I decided to work on this poetry each day for next 30 days, I found that I was focused, and my mind was not wandering anywhere because with the new job it’s interesting how I am enjoying the work, team and overall experiencing the change. In that whatever time is left it was for thinking for that day what happened or what stuck to my heart that I can write about.

“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” ~ Louis L’Amour

Since I have joined the new company, I have been saving time on the commute and this is allowing me to read a lot. There has been lot of reading on the internet and it’s so amazing that I got back to my reading which is very addictive, and I have enjoyed this addiction in the past.

Even though I am late for this month by two days, I have decided to write prose on different topics based on what pricks my mind for that day. Today I had to share my poetry month experience and I hope my readers who liked and commented had some experience to share here.

Always challenge yourself it keeps you active and young ~ Dawn

~ Dawn


No comments:

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...