Thursday, January 05, 2006

“Faith is love taking the form of aspiration.”




Today I feel great that am going to discuss about my favs..i.e. about poetry, music and Gulzar :) !

Poetry: the best words in the best order

Yes, I was so surprised to see this CD called ‘Heer – by Abida & presentation by Gulzar’ – Thank You Friend for bringing this from the library as….usually its those historic & amazing movies which has made me eager to quench my thirst of curiosity and anxiousness about everything that did happen in history.

“It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.” ~ Albert Einstein


I never knew that I could get these cd’s as well that too ghazals, sufi kalam wow….am a great fan of Abida Parveen….her voice has that intenseness which takes one to the depth of it and leaves them there lost…that’s exactly how I feel…and I often listen to her & that’s the reason her melodious voice is there in my Radio Blog. Try it out and am sure you wont regret it :). She is considered as the queen of Sufi mystical singing, but she is best with sufiana kalaam, be it in hindi, urdu, Punjabi, sindhi or saraiki.

“Music is the harmonious voice of creation; an echo of the invisible world.” ~ Giuseppe Mazzini



The songs in this Heer - album are written by Waris Shah – a great poet who is believed to be inspired by the pain of his own unfulfilled love.
I always felt sad about this aspect…that only a person can bring out the true essence by suffering? Why?....why can’t a person be as good as being in love & bringing those emotions of being in love, whether parting with love & then getting re-united….all these can bring the essence but still the one who suffers only know the true pain of it …I guess :), that’s the irony part of it….which often made me to think about all those great talented & expressive people.

“Suffering is the true cement of love” ~ Paul Sabatier

This album also describes the romance tragedy of Heer – Ranjha (the famous lovers known for there love & sacrifice from Punjab). It also depicts the true culture of Punjab and the fragrance of its authenticity.

“You must submit to supreme suffering in order to discover the completion of joy” ~ John Calvin



Gulzar…the word itself says …. That’s how his voice is…one can feel the purity, clarity & the depth. I just love his voice….his writing…his poetry…his direction hehe yeah you can say am madly in love with…;)

"Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash". ~Leonard Cohen

A man who has written in Hindi, Urdu & Bengali – though not being his primary language still…that is something one call it getting inspired…

“Words are the voice of the heart”


Bengali culture has always inspired me a lot…and to a lot extent the credit goes to Rabindranath Tagore…

“No culture can live, if it attempts to be exclusive.” ~ MK Gandhi

......who has often tried to bring the essence of the Bengali culture in his writings and the movies that have been made on those stories written by him.

“Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.” ~ Jawaharlal Nehru

All I want to say is …its an amazing journey that I went through and felt like sharing it…the words are not yet over….the thoughts are just plundering and my hands want to keep on typing….I just get crazy about all this…I wish…one day I can only do these things in life and not bother about any thing else :) is that a dream plan…hehe should be isn’t it..? We all have dreams and we all try to aspire those …and I guess that’s what makes life keep on going…to reach to a goal…a goal created by ourselves ….:)

“An aspiration is a joy for ever, a possession as solid as a landed estate” ~ Robert Louis


I love this day…:) and loved to share it here :)

“There is no delight in owning anything unshared.”

8 comments:

Keshi said...

Poetry and Music are 2 things I cannot simply live without...

A very special ode to what u love Dawn..great and informative read.

**and I guess that’s what makes life keep on going…to reach to a goal…a goal created by ourselves

Whenever we reach one goal, there pops another to be reached...life is a never-ending goal-seeking journey :)

Keshi.

Manish Kumar said...

I always felt sad about this aspect…that only a person can bring out the true essence by suffering? Why?....why can’t a person be as good as being in love & bringing those emotions of being in love, whether parting with love & then getting re-united….all these can bring the essence but still the one who suffers only know the true pain of it

yup I find that true.
I sincerely belief that experiencing pain brings out those facets of ur personality which even u didn't know before hand. It makes u more pure & selfless & as u said more creative & expressive......

editor said...

That's really a good blog. Keep posting.

Dawn said...

@keshi: yes dear u said it ..:) & thnx for sharing & walkin side by side me :) ...I will always look for u
cheers!

@manish: I knew ur answer...as ur two poetries u wrote only when u felt ur alone...so I know u would say so..:) as I remembered u while I was writing this post
cheers buddy

@indscribe: thnx for coming by and commenting...do come again
cheers

@nagu: Thnx a lot for the encouragement...hope to see u more often here :)
cheers

@mirzaghalib: mashaAllah!!! kabhi hum blog ko to kabhi...:) radio blog ki pehali ghazal zara sunte jaana janab :)
bahut bahut shukriya aapka
May god bless u too

cheers

PuNeEt said...

Fantastic Post dear

I luv the way Gulzar writes...
bt have not heard others

Will check this out at Planet M here

We all have dreams and we all try to aspire those …and I guess that’s what makes life keep on going…to reach to a goal…a goal created by ourselves ….:)

exactly... you got it bang on target...
The best way I could express my dreams is thru poems...

thanks for sharing
Cheers

Dawn said...

@puneet: hey good to see u man...:) after so long...hope work is not stressing u..:)
yes..poetry is the best mode for emotions :)

keep enjoying
cheers

Kaunquest said...

After soo much build-up, i just want to get hold of a copy of this CD. Or is this album available for online listening?

Dawn said...

@mirzaghalib: MashaAllah!!! Eid ayee aur chaand bhi ;) ...?

shukriya shukriya....zehanaseeb ke aap aaye to aur isee parhne ki jurrat bhi ki...Eidi mil gayee :D
cheers!!!

@ kaunquest: Welcome to my blog :) its gr8 to know there are still music & poetry lovers that do exists :)...I searched for you & here you can try listening :)

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/s

Happy Listening...
cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...