Monday, July 03, 2006

It is wise to apply the oil of refined politeness to the mechanisms of friendship.

I had mentioned about this guy in one of my post where I had taught him about cleaning one’s own mess: D…! Remember!?! Yes, it’s the same guy about whom I am going to talk today!

One's first step in wisdome is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything. ~ George Christoph Lichtenberg

We have become good friends by now since he became my coffee buddy! We always wait for each other to start the morning coffee and then little bit of chat and then we resume to our work.

It seems like he need a friend in this place and he found one in me. I am glad that he can openly share certain things that he may or may not share with others. It’s a matter of trust, more than whether he can share with anyone else.

Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.~ Aristotle
Lately, he been talking and discussing about a lot regarding some products such as some juice and also he shared one of the cd’s with me! Its all about the QuickStar business.
I think from what I remember it was initially Amway and then Networking and so on!

Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.~ Cicero

I got that he has been caught into this and guess what he is now trying to sell me on this: D!

To succeed as a team is to hold all of the members accountable for their expertise.~ Mitchell Caplan

The day he mentioned the name – QuickStar, I just told him the basic impression of this kind of set-up and the network of people. As I have been approached many times people @ Wall Mart, Fry’s and the way they approach people is unprofessional and more or less it’s like a bait to fish. He seems to be all sold on to it and you know all I could say is there are different people and different perspective. How you use it to benefit to yourself is something individual grasp. So if you make it you are the winner and if you are mere being used by someone else to climb the ladder then that’s your choice.

Good design can't fix broken business models.~ Jeffery Veen

Think before you jump into anything rather than getting in and regretting ~ Dawn ;)

Judge thyself with the judgment of sincerity, and thou will judge others with the judgment of charity.~ John Mitchell Mason

6 comments:

kumarldh said...

This reminds me one of my batchmate. He called me after 9 years just to invite me in Amway meeting. I told him straightaway if he wanted to meet me then he is welcome anytime otherwise no need to call me for amway meetings. I never got his call after that.

Masood Ahmed said...

I guess it is Multilevel Marketing you are talking about. Where members are made and then each memeber gets commission of sort on the basis of the number of members he made. This is all farce. A time comes when there is not enough demand at the bottom and then all the empire collapse.

Keshi said...

haha so he's sold on already! :):)

One of my friends rang me the other day and asked if she could use my name for some freebies that a company was offering...and that I'd get em too. I said 'Listen Nutcase leave me out of this marketing sh#t okk' lol!

Keshi.

Unknown said...

fizakutty,
matlabi stufff indeed...

I would say you can also be a lil mean and ask for free samples n then , do the usual sochenge, dekhenge , umm abhi decide nahi kiya , etc etc

I hate people who do this MLM stuff thru some backdoor plan, I would not mind if ekdum straight forward explanation on a tissue paper.

:))

Anonymous said...

Hehe at least he became your friend first. People seem to just sell me stuff without even asking my name!!! (not that I would tell em anyway..but still)

Dawn said...

kumar chetan: Yes dear…for them everything is business…they have big functions gathering people and then they discuss this business…my friend is giving me cd’s now days..haha…am enjoying it…as am testing my patience with him ;)
Cheers

masd: Yes its called building pyramids…I don’t know how people get into the trap …I felt this is like the religion converting canvassing…!
Cheers

keshi: Yes dear….he thinks it’s a good place to be as its among positive people and he kind of sold to their concept….I hope he wakes up not too late..
Cheers dear

bombayite: Oh dear…he already approached with beauty products and want me to order and he will give his pin # which will give me discount hahaha gosh!!! This guy doesn’t know me yet ;)..but ur tissue paper answer is killing hahaha mone!!!
Cheers

magik: Welcome to my blog dear…am sure you will be a traveler with all us in this long journey of blogging :D…good luck and please do come again
Cheers

shama: Dear…that’s even worse…if a stranger is doing this we can say its his job and he is doing marketing..but a friend with whom we share lot of things assuming he is a friend is sometimes used against us to sell there products…and make a prey..
Hope u don’t get into all this..:D
Cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...