Sunday, July 23, 2006

“A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it.”

It was much waiting....long one...! I have heard women who have almost completed there 8 months pregnancy...even they get bored of carrying the load and want to deliver the baby immediately!!!

“A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it.” ~ Napoleon Hill

But look at my situation....if everything is working as per the plan then there will be bugs in the system and if system is working then for some reason business want to play there tactics and will play games in givingyou sign-off....oh Gosh! when this cat and mouse game will be over...thats what I was thinking all these days!!!

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” ~ Albert Einstein

Finally, the D-day came...I tried my best to deliver to the team who were working after hours for deployment..as I knowwhen a project fails its all PM's fault and when its a success its a team effort :)
So friends, my much awaited delivery was completed on Friday July 21st. I think it was 11.49 when I sent the emails to all saying successful delivery of the project :D

“Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.” ~ Bible

Thank God, it was not 12:00 mid-night :D to say its delayed hehehe!!!
I am much happy that this project is completed. It was just like I was 9 months up and still no sign of delivery or what they calllabor pain hahaha!

Its a great relief and I must say...we all have that limit of patience where we are working towards a date and then those postpones and delayshappen and we get a bit low on morale but still we strive to deliver with the same spirit as we get another date and so on...

“Sorrow comes to all...Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You cannot now realize that you will ever feel better and yet you are sure to be happy again.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

I feel so peace!!! BTW July 21st was International Peace Day :D

“With every project you do, you bring out a part of yourself, and it seems to be quite a good way of expanding a person.”

19 comments:

anil bs said...

hai ..

nice pics....ur taste is different...i like it...good

kumarldh said...

Ms Terrabyte Memory With Loads of Wisdom Words kindly update your bookmark -> http://shameless-self-promotion.org/

Keshi said...

ur soooo smart and definitely a go-getter! keep it up Dawny!

Keshi.

Anand said...

Hey congrats!!
Its over and now time to partyyy!!!

Ekta said...

phew!!
Isnt that how ur feeling??
well its over now adn uv done a grt job am sure..so now time to relax awhile and enjoy urself!

KL said...

Congrats on your delivery of a happy, healthy,... :P:P:D:D. NOw it is time to throw a party and don't forget to invite us :)

KL said...

Congrats on your delivery of a happy and healthy...:P:P:P :D:D:D....now throw a party and don't forget to invite us :)

starry said...

Congratulations..........

ishipishi said...

:)..congrats....just reading the post had me sensing ur feeling of satisfaction, relief...and and happiness!:)...

ps: where's d party????!

Zyenab said...

Oh man! What a comparision this was.. delievery [i][tht one][/i][b] vs[/b] delievery [i][this one][/i] !! lolz.. ;)

You surely knw how to play wid words!

Good job gal! congrats for both ;))
keep goin and u surely rock !!

Believe me u do :)

direkishore said...

Your positive outlook to life amazes me, You never seem to be bored, dull or sad, atleast in the blogs :), Keep smiling and be cheerful !

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

“A project is complete when it starts working for you, rather than you working for it.”

This is just a fantastic statement!
I have witnessed this too.....Its like I delivered my baby when my work got done n things took shape.

Congrats to u!!!! :)

Dawn said...

anil bs: Thanks so much for appreciating my taste…
Cheers

kumar chetan: :D you make me laugh with your comments dear
Cheers

keshi: No dear am just trying out options n luckily its working in my favor ;)
May be with all your prayers n love…Thanks love
Huggggggggz

anand: Thanx dear…it’s the project’s warranty period n no issues so far its 3rd day now ;) but there will be a party sooner or later ;)
Cheers

ekta: Yes indeed…you spelled it :D but no relax dear as you get on to work on the next one :D…show must go on…so work is in progress :D
Thanks dear

kl: hahaha I had some naughty expectation with this post ..lol!!! its not yet party time but hey I will remember you for sure ;)
Thanks dear
Cheers

starry nights: Thanks dear…
Cheers

Ishita: Hey thanks dear for all the wishes….party is there but the venue n date not yet decided …but yes team is asking me the party so that’s my next action item :D
Cheers

gumnaaaam: hehehe I guess its not me but life has connection n meaning in some or the other way ;) don’t you agree :D
Thanks love for all your best wishes, love and the wishes the prayers…I owe a lot to all :D
Cheers

direkishore: All I would say is..please read on my profile about me :D…I don’t have to put faces :D…my belief is that we live only once and why not live it fully…as if on a roller costar ride…its fun! That’s my motto of life…!
Thank you for noticing and your wishes too dear…keep coming
Cheers

scribblez to wakeup: Thank you so much dear…you can understand very well..:D
Cheers

ammini: Welcome to my blog dear and yes please always bless me :D…do come again!
Cheers

Manish Kumar said...

der se hi sahi humari badhai bhi sweekar kar lein !

rachana said...

hii !
congrates and amazing quotes are there!! loved all the quotes on all ur posts!!
all the best..project result wise!!

Dawn said...

hiren: Thanks for all the good wishes dear..do come again
cheers

manish: ji kar liya...aur kya haal hain kahan hain janab aajkal?
take care
cheers

rachana: Thank you so much dear...thanks for liking the quotes too :)
you take care
cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Guide to financial freedom by buying real estate for Pennies On The Dollar
- fizaa.blogspot.com e
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...