Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Revolution introduced me to art, and in turn, art introduced me to the Revolution!

Today I went for March for Science in Silicon Valley San Jose- a peaceful protest against the current administration in USA.
The moment I joined the march, I became very emotional and tears filled up in my eyes.. I questioned myself, why? am I so weak? There was an inside voice which was showing gratitude and was thanking to be able to participate in the protest and be part of this democracy movement.

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." ~ Isaac Asimov


Yes, I want to ask how many people have the freedom in their country to resist?, to give a message across? to even protest and convey their opinion? This was a march that was happening where people of all nature, caste, creed, religion, race, gender you name it and the cops were supporting too as they were doing their duty of maintaining the law and order during this march for science event at downtown San Jose.

I grew up asking lot of questions and the answers which didn't have any logic, I found my own answers for those with logic. People said, I am a rebel, they said am the black sheep but today I feel good that I didn't live based on some assumptions that someone else had thought of.

While growing up, I thought teaching is a tough job - indeed it is as one needs lot of patience and one needs to be on top of everything when it comes to knowledge. Besides, this I alway felt a teacher is always learning and that would be tough! 
Today, I realize that we learn every day and every minute  - it never stops! Hence, I believe that as we learn let's educate and share with others because many times people's ignorance is what make them believe in something called Trump.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." ~ Marie Curie
Let's not think too much instead, let's teach and share with people around us that science is the truth and without logic there is no truth and there is no true solution to anything. Years of practice and researches has got us so far and the climate change and other catastrophes are also part of researches and science which is telling us resist and save this planet from those who doesn't understand the value of the comfort and peace that they are enjoying.

Love Science, Love Human Beings, Love Nature, Love One Another

~ Dawn 

No comments:

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...