Friday, January 19, 2007

“If the people were a little more ignorant, astrology would flourish - if a little more enlightened, religion would perish”

It was morning 10:00 a.m. and the doctor seemed so tired when I looked into her eyes.

Just that I couldn’t stop myself I asked her – Dr what happened you look very tired and its only 10, seems like you had a late night!

"These days you must be feeling tired and your legs must be paining...Don't worry,...Its only because you've running in my mind day and night!!"

She said oh yes! Around 2:00 a.m. there was a delivery case and it lasted for 2 hours as it was normal delivery.

It just struck to me, oh! Yeah, if it was cesarean then one doesn’t have to go at such odd hours.

That’s when she shared another incident where she said, I have this girl who is scheduled for cesarean and somehow I tried to fit it as per the date that she wants it to be done however she is not happy and is crying and begging to operate her at certain time, which is totally not in the hands of the doctor.

"Every convenience brings its own inconveniences along with it."

I was a bit confused when doctor said as per the astrological readings there is a certain time when the baby should be born! I was surprised and was wondering what a dilemma for the doctor but then I asked does anyone else entertain like this…since this is America and do they know what all these- stars, astrological timings has to do with the birth of a child and guess what the entire hospital (which has people from almost all parts of the world), is aware of this fact :D!

The doctor looked at the crying to be mother and asked her you are an engineer and even you also behave like this then whom should we look for support :D

"Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy: the mad daughter of a wise mother" ~ Voltaire

All these conversations made me think….! How important is it to be born at a certain time and date of the year and month? This case cesarean can be still planned but in olden days even cesarean kinds were last minute so …what’s the fate of the child that is born at such circumstance? Will he/she be treated differently just because he/she was not born at the good time and date that the astrology supports? How such a thing can be handled?

"Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate; Still achieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait" ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I never believed in astrology, I am a strong believer of karma and hence may be its because of my up bringing and the place that I have been but still I have seen some strong supporters who don’t even make any decisions until the astrologer asks them to do so and convinces them the good results of that time and date.

"I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person."~Rita Mero

A very good example can be seen about Abhishek and Ash :D….I would say what a marketing is that for the astrologer that am sure by now that guy must have his appointments booked until the end of 2008 :D!!!!

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."~ Marcus Aurelius

Somehow lately, with the dates and timings…my mind is going gaga over all such instances…what is good? What is not? But my heart says its all in the karma of oneself
:D

"Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny."

What do my friends have to comment on this? I know there are people who are strong believer but I would like to hear them too… :D

Tell me what makes the difference?

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Watch your words, for they become actions.

Watch your actions, for they become habits.

Watch your habits, for they become character.

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."

7 comments:

Sunil Parashar said...

I never believed in horoscopes & this religious thing. but i do believe in being spiritual{not religious}.

I'm extremely surprised that even well educated people are into this. I guess still they are not really educated.

The quotes you share are amazing.

Take Care Dawn!

Vipul said...

spirituality is totally different then believing in religion
Well i do believe in this concept like that in BEDAZZLED
God is too old and its time he should give his throne to someone else;) hehe juz kidding
people are so blinded by ill faith and they are so many who perform misdeeds in the grab of religion!
great quotes

Manish Kumar said...

Astrology ko log aajkal science batate hain. Ab ye kitna sahi ya ghalat hai ye to bahas ka ek alag mudda hai !
Main to is roop men leta hoon ki koyi agar kuch aage ki baat bata bhi de uska mujhe kya karna hai. Apne dimaag se apna kaam kiye jana hi kaphi hai. Isi liye maine astrology ki or kabhie nahin dekha as a remedy to my problems.

rachana said...

Hi dawn, would like to mention 2 incidents..
1. my parents and grand maa were not very fond of matching of 'janma-kundalee' before marriage of their son or daughter.but if the other party demanded for it ,they didn't oppose strongly. my younger brother is married to my sis in law without all this matching, and they are happy with their lovely kid! opposite to this case my cousin had to reject many girls only for this kundalee matching and all.(because my uncle believes in all these)...finally he got married with a girl whose kundalee was perfact for him as per my uncle..their marriage did'nt last for too long. they are divorced now!!
2. both my daughters are born in such "nakshtras" that we needed to perform certain puja for them. though me and my husabnd don't belive in such things we did it for the 'shanti' of elders!!

Dawn said...

sunil parmar: Good to hear your thoughts dear! Thanks for everything
Cheers

vipul: hehe Liked your perception and thoughts..cool!
Thanks for sharing dear
Cheers

manish: Tumhara jawab mein jaanti thi :D…
Thanks for making it clear ;)
Cheers

rachana: Thanks dear for sharing ur own experience and I guess in your situation you are doing what seems right without bothering anyone. I think as long as no one forces things upon it should be okay ;)
Thanks for commenting dear
Cheers

Anonymous said...

ustaad ji mere dad astrologer hain, unke hisaab se time of birth is not wen a baby comes out of the womb, its the time when the baby is conceived, but i think dividing ppl in 12 categories is nonsense, anyway

Dawn said...

kumar chetan: WOW thats a news for me! Coz usually science says that conceiving is something still they cannot predict exact! So I guess that is something where it becomes a new world and unknown desity! I kind a liked that :)
Good to hear about your Dad...how much do you make use of his knowledge?
Thanks for letting me know about this part
Cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...