Thursday, January 04, 2007

“Now it seems to me that love of some kind is the only possible explanation of the extraordinary amount of suffering that there is in the world.”

This morning when I got up a word stuck into my mind…’suffering’! When I looked outside my bedroom window, I saw its dark and cloudy and its raining!

My well known friends here must be very well aware that how much I love rain :D

And imagine the suffering of not getting into it and enjoy the showering of natures love :D

Besides all this even after taking flu-shots I have been stuck with cold so that adds another restriction for not being in the rain ….:D!

All this made me think, is it really suffering? As something that is suffering for one person could be pleasure to others!

"To become a spectator of one's own life is to escape the suffering of life."~ Oscar Wilde


I tried to justify myself, such as a drug addict, he will inject himself and when we see its so painful but ask that person and he will describe the pleasure of it! There can be ample of examples…a would be mother she suffers everything for the baby who is in her womb…if she is sick she will bear the pain but not eat the medicine as that might be harmful for the baby! But is it really suffering?

I think the mother would be enjoying that moment also by thinking about her baby’s health! So in short it gives the strength to bear all that and still face it with a smiling face!

When we do have fear in our mind at the same time we do have the strength within ourselves which we seldom forget !

Today, I learnt that there is nothing as such pain or suffering…its all mere what we project them as to…and if we all look at the positive aspect of it…there is strength which will describe us the pleasure of it rather the pain and suffering :D

I keep looking outside the window and its still dark and cloudy with rains, reminds me of my school days when all the tube lights used be on and we all kids playing and thinking about how we will go home after school and the teacher trying to grab everyone’s attention to teach the lesson!

I remember the wild imagination ran into my mind such that I wrote an essay and I got first prize for the inter-school competition!

My thoughts kept on lingering with my childhood rainy days! Look, I cant even go out and play but just have the pleasure by thinking of my those days when I used to enjoy the rain and never get sick :D

“Suffering, once accepted, loses its edge, for the terror of it lessens, and what remains is generally far more manageable than we had imagined.”~Lesley Hazelton

10 comments:

Keshi said...

So true...tho it all seems painful, accepting it only lessens the pain.

A very deep view of Suffering. Only u could analyse it this brilliantly! HUGGGGGGGGGGGZ!

Keshi.

Sunil Parashar said...

Very thoughtful..as your every post is.

But i think everything is relative... Bliss can't be defined if there was no Pain.!

starry said...

Lovely and thought provoking post.We would not be able to enjoy happiness if there was no sorrow.I think we need both.I love those pics, especially the one of mother and child.

Neihal said...

I love these positive posts...hope you get well soon...
:)

Ekta said...

well very well said...though sometimes its very difficult to stay positive when life keeps pulling u down

Manish Kumar said...

wonderfully written, thought provoking post !

Anonymous said...

bachan ji ki ek kavita ka ek hissa likhta hoon,

asaflta ek chunauti hai, sweekar karo,
kya kami reh gayi, dekho aur sudhar karo,

ye kavita mere saamne rahti hai saara din, ab sukh tabhi hain jab dukh hai, ya yun keh ke
"absence of heat is cold"
dukh nahi hai to aap sukhi hai
bottom line, aap ustaad ho aap samaj jaoge,
one million dollar question,
its 2 degree outside and also foggy, to bath or not to bath is the question?

jagadeesh said...

My pessimism is cured by just one shot of this....and one more will make me an optimist... :)

krystyna said...

Hi Dawn!
It really has touched my soul. Your writings is great.
All the best to you!

Dawn said...

keshi: Thanks dear…! Its actually giving strength to ourselves and looking at a positive aspect rather than getting into depression :D
Cheers and Hugggggggggggggggz

sunil parmar: True I never deny the fact that one can only taste the sweet and understand the value until one has tasted the sourness :D…so there is no different thought on that…but many times…pains have caused people to think in negative and then cause depression and other modes..!
Thanks dear
Cheers

starry nights: I guess my thoughts were taken into different direction…I have answered to Sunil about this…! True we need both but to tackle with one thing we know and to tackle with the other we need to find the strength and I have showing a way ;)
Cheers dear

neihal: Thanks so much dear and to tell you the fact am feeling awesome :D
Cheers dear

ekta: Absolutely, its difficult I agree…its all up to us how long to extend our negative thoughts to crop and where to give an end with a positive start :D
Cheers dear good to see u here after a long time

manish: Thanks dear!
Cheers

kumar chetan: hahaha mahashay aajkal kavi bante nazar aa rahe hein …:D bhala ho IT industry ka ;)
Aapki baaton se mein bilkul sehamat hoon dukh ke bina sukh kya …lekin dukh jab aate hein to sukh ke din kam lagte hain aur dukh ke jyada aise mein dukh ke dino ko kis tarah se jald aur asaani se kaata ja sake bina hathaash huye :D
Ishq ke samandar ki geharayee kinaare se na naap
Saki doob ke tair ja phir iski geharayee naap ;)

Cheers dear

jagadeesh: hmm that’s an inspiration to me also to write another one :D…will do so! Cheers dear am glad it added some value ;)

krystyna: Thanks so much for your blessing dear..!
and very kind of your words :D
Cheers

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...