Wednesday, July 20, 2005

He who sees the calamity of other people finds his own calamity light"


I saw this lying down in a corner..something which is supposed to be dumped but still staying in..:) ! The moment I saw this ..it reminded me of 'Tsunami'....wasn't it something like this..the aftermaths...!!!

When tusnami hit ..I was in Canada..all I could hear or read was through news..and the stories..!!! Lot of people contributed and so did I ..but to my surprise when I came here ..something that I figured out was that in most of these areas...people stopped eating fish..the fishery business went down..as people..saw live telecast ...of the dead bodies which were half eaten by fish and it gives that weird feeling when they see any fish...!!!!

Something no one would have thought...at least I never thought of this!!!!

People suffer in so many ways..sometimes its the shock,...nightmere..nausea about things..!!!

"There's no disaster that can't become a blessing, and no blessing that can't become a disaster"

I don't know but today I felt I should mourn for those people..and hence this is my condolences to all !!!

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

Have comfort in the knowledge
that sunshine will return to the lives of
those who grieve
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

flick said...

you have a very good point here,;) its better to grieve for others than to pity yorself, at leasts thats low in toxics n high in virtues.

btw, wonderful quotes, here:
"There's no disaster that can't become a blessing, and no blessing that can't become a disaster"
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.

/) where do u get these from? :D

Keshi said...

I like this post alot. Being a very emotional and a sympathetic person by nature, I tend to dwell in grief longer than others do. You wouldn't believe it but when I first saw this pic, it reminded me of the Tsunami too...the broken walls and broken dreams...the haunting memories of those lost...

I believe that goodness will come out of every catastrophe...and what the Tsunami taught me was that nothing is permanent, everyone is vulnerable, death is inevitable, life is short, dreams can just remain as dreams only...so live happily today 'cos today is all u got.

Keshi.

che sara sara said...

well said dawn...liked the way u said things here

PuNeEt said...

Very nice thought Dawn...
God has his own way of keeping a check... We don't have a say...

Earlier there were days, when floods used to cause major havoc... but due to technological advancement we kind of controlled it... Now Tusnami came in...
Tomm if we control Tusnami... you never know something else will come in, which might be even worse than Tusnami...
Tusnami was never heard before it happend

I can remember the dialogue from the Movie "Anand" (Staring Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh)
"Hum to rang manch ki katputlia hain, door to upar wale ke hath main hain"

I agree with Keshi... Nothing is Permanent...

May God bless them all

Dawn said...

@flick: thanks dear for liking it...the way I love nature and collect it so do I love the words...:) and hence the collection :)

@keshi: so true...I believe in today...the present :) Thanks for nice logic!!

@sophia: Thanks dear!! come again!

@puneet: yes...indeed...its a game :) the one who gives up easily ends as a looser..rest they win :)

Thanks!!!

We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead!!!

This year, right from its inception, has unfolded with a profound sense of intrigue. My surroundings are bustling with noteworthy events – t...