Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy; the mad daughter of a wise mother


How many of you believe in astrology? & how many of your life revolve around it..???? Its so strange when I see and hear certain things...and more when I see people's faith in it. I also happened to be at one of such place and the guy said ...I have lot of struggle in life in career...:) & I think any ambitious person will have to struggle...as one will keep trying to reach high :D. I didn't felt anything...then he said...no peace of mind ...but then through out I will have enough money...house etc...c'mon...I think its all in one's belief...& what one's priority is...! As a child I always believed in 'Karma' (the deed) & rest falls in place accordingly.

'Do not worry about the future for it is not yet come. Live each day in the present and make it beautiful'. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined
The stars never lie, but the astrologs lie about the stars
Look what MK Gandhi says: I know nothing of the science of astrology and I consider it to be a science, if it is a science, of doubtful value, to be severely left alone by those who have any faith Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Manish Kumar said...

Hmmmm Just switch on ur TV set & see aastha at noon.
There is a program which teaches u what is astrology is all about
Don maine to yahi dekha hai ki kuch specific career stream wale log jismein uncertainty abt future is more like business, filmwalahas, cricketers, politicians inpe jyada bharosa karte hain.

Janti ho jab logon ko success aur failure ka koi valid reason nahin dikhta tabhi wo karmaa wali philosophy se vimukh ho kar aisi baton ke prati akarshit hote hain!

Ab astrology as a subject kitna scientific hai is pe to main koi comment nahin karoonga kyunki meri itni jaankari nahin hai par meri dharna yahi rahi hai ki aage ki baat jaankar main apne aap ko poorvagrah se grasit nahin karna chahta. Uparwala phal de na de apne effort apne goals pe bane rehna chahiye!

Unknown said...

juss curious.. didja go to visit some family namboordiri or jadagam deknewala guy.. who opens some dead sea scrolls or palm leaves and play wid the shells and tells you the fortune....

These guys are pretty cool :))

p.s check out my blogs :))

Zyenab said...

Astrology.....hmmmm
i personally dont believe in it...but have seen few ppl who dont even leave their houses without making them self sure abt wht their stars have to say for them ....lolz

The only thing i've read abt it is:

"If the people were a little more ignorant, astrology would flourish - if a little more enlightened, religion would perish"

KL said...

Don't believe in astrology. And, I love that quote gumnaaam has left - going to steal it :):)

PuNeEt said...

great post...
astrology has got a lot of importance in this country...
Marriages happen (or doesnt happen) based on kundali and stars...
i mean for those who believe its good bt for me its just scrap...

compeletly agreeing with MK Gandhi's view...
also endorsing views expressed by manish in his last para...

Did anyone told u abt ur future... carreer or marriage ;-))
wondering...

che sara sara said...

nice post well said...

LEMNA said...

Nice oneee pal:)

Dawn said...

manish: I totally agree with u...!!! Each word! Thnx

bombayite: hehe..nope not those guys..some mittal guy :D

gumnaaaaam: well said dear ;) Thnx

kl: ur right buddy...:) but I saw some bongs..wearing all kinds of stones ..I was just wondering if god had given more than 10 fingers to kya hota hehe..Thnx dear!

puneet: Yes..I found that..! I heard about this and hence wanted some thrill ;)...but when I went there..I could see how this guys gives remedy by suggesting gold ring with stones ;) and guess what..2 ppl said he said 6 grm gold and when u get the ring the gold is not even 6 grm hehehe.. yes he told me I will hv money house everything...dont have to go to anyone for anything till the end..but struggle is there in career hehe I think ye sab jutane ke liye struggle to karna hee parega right ? there are no free lunches :D Thnx

lemna & sophia: thanx dears for coming..keep coming :)

Aadujeevitham -The Goats Life

  Aadujeevitham: A Review with Breathtaking Scenery and Mixed Emotions The much-anticipated Aadujeevitham (The Goat Life) finally graced my ...