Saturday, March 04, 2006

“This day and your life ... are God's gift to you , so give thanks and be joyful always!”


Today, I want to dedicate this post to all....my readers and my friends...in all parts and in all forms and shapes...which means...virtual friends ....too :)

“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”

I dont think my words would to enough justice to the gratitude that I want to pay...and hence I am taking help of this poetry by a great poet...Rabindranath Tagore :)...a man whose face itself shows how peaceful and calm temperament personality he was.....and whatever he had his avenge and agression...it was all in his writings....which did create a revolution in everyone's mind and still creating ....:)
I am sure you will enjoy reading :)

I like to be dependent, and so for ever
with warmth and care of my mother
my father , to love, kiss and embrace
wear life happily in all their grace.
I like to be dependent, and so for ever

on my kith and kin, for they all shower
harsh and warm advices, complaints
full wondering ,true and info giants.
I like to be dependent, and so for ever

for my friends, chat and want me near
with domestic,family and romantic tips
colleagues as well , guide me work at risks.
I like to be dependent, and so for ever

for my neighbours too, envy at times
when at my rise of fortune like to hear
my daily steps , easy and odd things too.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

12 comments:

Kumar Chetan said...

I just remeber the song from akhir dil hain hindustani. will change it and comment it ;-)
I am the first
i am the first
chorus: oh u r the first.
cool
U know that day i forgot to brush my teeth
:(

sophie said...

nice thought...

Ajay said...

Nice read buddy

Nagu said...

thanx for those really fine lines from Tagore.

ishita said...

1st time here...got here thru puneet's blog...i luv that pic:) and ur frenz r lucky to have u dedicating such beautiful lines:)...

Keshi said...

Thanks to u Dawn for coming into my life and creating a revolution from all ur wonderful posts...

Keshi.

Manish said...

nice sharing!

PuNeEt said...

:-) smiless

bt thanks for what ???

Dawn....सेहर said...

kumar chetan:hahahaha u make me laugh...:)...keep smiling..u add value to life :)

cheers

sophia: Thnx dear...u here after a long time...good to see u...thnx for dropping by..do come again
cheers


ajay: Welcome to my blog...seems u came here @ the right time ;) keep coming...thnx
cheers

nagu: ur welcome dear...am glad my msg is conveyed thru Tagore :)
cheers

ishita: Welcome to my blog dear...thnx so much...by coming here ..readin n dropping by ur also in the list of frnds now :) thnx for all the sweet words dear

cheers


keshi: aaw....hugzz n huggzzzzz to u my dearest frnd....i hv only love for u :)

cheers


manish: Thnx dear...:D
cheers

puneet: qatl karke woh chal diye aur pooche hein ke waar kisne kiya :D....somewhere around those lines...isiliye thnx :D....:) :) :) :) smilessssss
cheers

Sujit said...

How do you define virtual friends?.. freinds means freinds isn;t it?!!

The poem is too good!!..

Dawn....सेहर said...

sujit:A virtual friend Sujit whom I know by nature thru his blog...and his wishes for me and comments make me feel he is a good person at heart...:) arent we friends who wish good for eachother always :)...it can grow deeper..as how u take it from here to where...but thats how it is...we r friends after all isnt it ? did u had another definition for this...;)
Thnx for liking the poem...I always liked Tagore's short stories n poetries...he's gr8

cheers

Keshi said...

aww so sweet :) Im stoked!

Keshi.

Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong...

This time of the year, I really miss India, specially Pune. Growing up in Pune as a Malayalee (Keralite) is one thing but I grew up watching...